mar Gastelum is an accomplished attorney with a strong background and broad experience in Family Law, Immigration, Real Property, and Civil Litigation. On countless occasions he has proven his expertise in negotiating and settling complex disputes and transactions. Mr. Gastelum practices law in the State of California and represents clients throughout the United States and the world with businesses in the United States.
Mr. Gastelum currently operates in City of Industry, CA.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Manages three law offices and maintains a practice which consists of 50% family law, 25% criminal law, and 25% immigration, real property, and civil litigation cases.
- Handles and supervises all aspects of each case from initial consultation to the completion of the case.
- Has negotiated cases with disputes ranging from nominal amounts to over $10 million.
- Has handled numerous pro bono cases for underprivileged clients.
- Broad experience dealing with cases ranging from simple issues to high-asset complex matters.
- Founding attorney and equity holder for the firm.
- Western State University, College of Law, J.D., 2000, Honor Roll and Dean’s List, American Jurisprudence Award – Five Areas of Law
- Whittier College, B.A., English Literature and Business, 1996; President, William Penn Society, 1996; Member of Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (MEChA), 1992-1996
- California, June 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Appointed Settlement Officer for the Los Angeles Superior Court Family Law Department, 2011-Present
- President, Whittier Bar Association, 2008-2009
- Treasurer, Whittier Bar Association, 2005-2006
- Member, Mexican American Bar Association, 2002-Present
- Member, Legal Aid Society of Orange County (advising low-income families with family law, unlawful detainer, contract disputes, and elder abuse issues)
- Volunteer, Whittier Senior Citizen Center, 2004-2006
- Career Day Guest Speaker, Whittier High School, 2003-2005
- Univision, Primera Edición, Legal Commentator, October 2006-Present
- AM 690 Voz de Pueblo Family Law Correspondent, February 2009-May 2009
- KZLA Channel 62 Noticiero Family Law Correspondent, June 2008-August 2008
- Univision, Aqui y Ahora Family Law Correspondent, June 30, 2009